My name is Nikki and I am Family and Learner Support Advisor. I have worked at Cann Bridge School for the last 12 years and have a good understanding of the running of the school and the SEN services available in Plymouth.
I work full time and can be contacted even during school holidays on the details below:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , school: 01752 207909, work mobile: 07796305461
I am always here to offer my support and advice so feel free to get in contact at any time or to book an appointment.
What can the Family and Learner Support Advisor do for you?
- Provide information about school matters relating to your child.
- To help ensure your child has full access to educational opportunities and achieves the most from their time at Cann Bridge School.
- Provide information about, and run, Holiday Clubs and events.
- To provide information and signpost parents/carers to local services and activities.
- Provide support for families through transition stages – i.e. starting at Cann Bridge, moving classes or moving on to new services or provider.
- To assist in form filling and benefit advice.
- Provide groups, courses and training for parents and family members.
- To provide support for you before, during and after meetings e.g. annual reviews or Child in Need meetings.
- Friendly non-judgemental advice and support
- An open-door Policy
- A chance to talk through any problems or concerns
- Liaison with other service providers and members of staff at Cann Bridge School
- Signposting to a range of other services
- Opportunities to meet other parents/carers on a regular basis
- Support groups
And of course, a friendly face to talk to and share your problems and concerns.