The learners in EYFS and Phase 1 classes follow the Foundation Curriculum, a curriculum defined by the learning areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework. Further details can be found in our Pathway to Independence curriculum document.
The areas of learning are:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
- Communication and Language (C+L)
- Physical Development (PD)
- Literacy (L)
- Mathematics (M)
- Understanding the World (UTW)
- Expressive Arts and Design (EAD)
This curriculum enables the learners to engage in individually bespoke learning opportunities, planned using the learners’ interests and designed to consolidate, extend and generalise knowledge, concepts and skills. It establishes a baseline from which ongoing learning is planned and progress is measured.