The role of Business Manager includes those tasks required to manage and operate the administrative, personnel, financial, site and premises functions of the School with support from the administrative team.
• All administrative elements of recruitment from the placement of the advert, reference requests and authentication of references, It also includes payroll forms and the completion of contracts of employment for all teaching and non-teaching staff including DBS applications and identification process and the updating of the Single Central record for all contracted and supply staff, volunteers, Governors and Agency Staff
• All staff induction/probation documentation and conduct the initial staff induction meeting along with all referrals to Occupational Health
• Assisting the Headteacher in the detailed planning of the School budget & inputting new budget details into FMS for approval by Governors. The Business Manager provides Governors with advice on the budgetary implications of proposals and developments
• The completion of all finance returns for review by the Governors and the upload to the Local Authority. This includes all year-end returns for School budget share and capital funds and as well as performing close down of the financial systems each financial year
• General office duties in relation to supply cover, procurement and budget monitoring